Last update: March 18th 2016.
Note: nothing that appears in quotes has been fact-checked and does not necessarily represent the views of this blog.
- Geneva Reed-Veal – Sandra Bland’s mother. “[S]he’s the most qualified person to be president. She stands for equal pay for women, increasing the minimum wage. She will take a stand.” More.
- Lucia McBath – Jordan Davis’s mother.
- Gwen Carr – Eric Garner’s mother.
- Sybrina Fulton – Trayvon Martin’s mother.
- Karen Weaver – mayor of poisoned Flint, Michigan. Clinton was the only candidate who sent her people to help.
- Congressional Black Congress PAC
- John Lewis – former Freedom Rider, head of SNCC and leader of the Selma march. Said he saw Bill and Hillary Clinton back then, but not Sanders.
- Kweisi Mfume – head of the NAACP from 1996 to 2004 and former Maryland Congressman. “From voting rights, to health care, to education, to reforming our criminal justice system and eradicating poverty the need for a proven and time tested leader is more clear today than ever before.” More.
- Kerry Washington – a television actress, who plays the president’s mistress, endorses Bill Clinton’s wife.
- Morgan Freeman – Voice of God, used in Clinton’s ad, “All The Good”.
- Michael Eric Dyson – thinker, talking head.
- Angela Bassett – actress. More.
- Shonda Rhimes, Viola Davis – actress. More.
- Erica Garner – Eric Garner’s daughter. Made a powerful ad.
- Cornel West – thinker. “Sister Hillary Clinton is the Milli Vanilli of American politics. She lip-synchs, she gives lip service. But when it comes to policy, who supported the crime bill? Who supported, not just the deregulating of banks, but also pulled the rug from under welfare?” More.
- Harry Belafonte – singer and long-time activist. Made an endorsement video: “I think he represents a moral imperative. I think he represents a certain kind of truth that’s not often evidenced in the course of politics.”
- Ta-Nehisi Coates – writer. He does not do endorsements, but admitted he is for Sanders, despite Sanders’s class reductionism and opposition to reparations. More.
- Ben Jealous – head of the NAACP from 2008 to 2013. “I recall the words of the late great Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., that ‘a genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.’ And that is why I am here today. Bernie Sanders has been principled, courageous, and consistent in fighting the evils that Dr. King referred to as the ‘giant triplets’ of racism, militarism, and greed … ” More.
- Spike Lee – film-maker. He did a radio ad: “Wake up. Wake up, South Carolina! … Bernie takes no money from corporations. Nada. Which means he don’t owe nobody nothing. When he gets into the White House, he will do the right thing. … Let’s go to the tale of the tape. Marched with Dr. King. Arrested in Chicago for protesting segregation in Chicago’s public schools. Fought for wealth and education equality throughout his entire career. Consistency, people. No flip-flop.” More.
- Danny Glover – actor.
- Shaun King – news reporter.
- Killer Mike – rapper
- T.I. – rapper. More.
- Azealia Banks – rapper. “Trump is the only one who truly has the balls to bust up big business. Hilary is too tied in with them and Bernie has no clout.”
- National Black Republican Association
- Charles Evers – brother of civil rights leader Medgar Evers. More.
- Ben Carson – former presidential candidate. More.
- Stacey Dash – brainless beauty on Fox News. More.
- Thomas Sowell – economist. More.
Thanks to Jefe for suggesting this post.
– Abagond, 2016.
- The 2016 election for US president
- Sandra Bland
- Jordan Davis
- Eric Garner
- Trayvon Martin
- Flint Water Crisis
- Freedom Riders
- Cornel West
- Harry Belafonte at the Baldwin-Kennedy meeting
- Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Martin Luther King, Jr’s Riverside speech against the Vietnam War
- Michael Eric Dyson
- Angela Bassett
- Medgar Evers
- Stacey Dash