Here are the ten most gorgeous East Asian men in the world who are famous enough to have an article in the Wikipedia and who are at least half East Asian by blood. See below for how I made the list.
1. Daniel Henney (1979- ) is an American actor who made his name on South Korean television – even though he barely knew any Korean! His father is Irish American, his mother a KAD (Korean adoptee).
2. Takeshi Kaneshiro (1973- ) is a Taiwanes actor who is one-eighth Okinawan, thus his name name. He has appeared in both Hong Kong films and on Japanese television.
4. Will Demps (1979- ) is an American football player. His father is Black American, his mother is Korean.
5. John Cho (1972- ) is an American actor. He was born in Seoul, South Korea but grew up in Los Angeles. He has appeared in the “American Pie” films, the latest “Star Trek” (2009) film as Sulu and on television in “FlashFoward” where he was Gabrielle Union’s boyfriend.
6. Rain (1982- ) is a South Korean singer and actor.
7. Ken Watanabe (1959- ) is a Japanese actor. He has appeared in some Hollywood films, like “The Last Samurai” (2003).
8. Johnny Tri Nguyen (1974- ) is an American actor. He was born in Vietnam, half Vietnamese and half Chinese by blood. His family moved to Los Angeles when he was eight.
9. Bruce Lee (1940-1973) is a world-famous American actor and martial artist. He was born in San Francisco but grew up in Hong Kong, coming back to America at age 18. He is one-fourth German and three-fourths Chinese by blood.
10. Tony Leung Ka-fai (1958- ) is a Chinese actor from Hong Kong.
Honourable mentions: Will Yun Lee, Oh Ji-ho, Piolo Pascual, Nicholas Saputra, Leehom Wang, Sam Milby, Lee Jun Ki, James Kyson Lee, Bae Yong Joon
How I made the list: I had three and a half days of open nominations on my blog followed by six days of an online poll. Commenters were allowed any number of nominations and seconds, but voters could only vote for one man. There were 87 men nominated but only 30 were seconded. All 30 made it into the poll.
There were 287 votes. All who got at least 11 votes made it into the top ten. All those who got between 4 to 10 votes made it into honourable mentions. The top ten got 75% of all votes.
The poll was done in English. You see the effects of that in who won: most of the top ten is familiar to Americans while three of the top four are only half East Asian.
Will Demps placed in the top ten both in this poll and the one on The Most Gorgeous Men in the World. Russel Wong was also in that poll but did way better this time. Oh Ji-ho, on the other hand, did way worse! He won that poll but only pulled an honourable mention here.
- The most beautiful East Asian women – not from any poll, just my opinion
- Gorgeous East Asian men:
- Gorgeous men:
- Korean adoptee