Here are some racist things that commenter Black&German and her friends have heard white men say to them as black women:
- The best thing about black women is their asses. Is it true you like anal?
- I prefer black women because white women are such prudes.
- I like black women. Just not the ghetto ones.
- Hey, you’re pretty! You look just like Halle Berry. (Or whatever famous black woman you can think of. They all look alike, right?)
- You know you want it! Everybody knows black women can’t get enough.
- What do you mean you don’t want to date me? You should be happy I even asked!
- How about we get to know each other a little better? You know, go to my place. No? What if I pay you?
- I’ve always wanted to know what it’s like to do it with a black girl.
- My friend over there just came back from [some overseas country] and he’s looking for some female company. You’re very pretty. How much?
- I don’t usually like black women but you’re different. You’ve got class.
- I heard your boyfriend is white. So, you like white dick? Want some of mine?
- [If they refuse to go out with you, slam them against the wall and scream in their face.] You think you’re too good for me?
- So, if black men have such big dicks doesn’t that mean black women… ?
- Don’t go acting all uppity.
- Oh, God. My dad would totally kill me if he knew I was talking to you.
- You know, if I knocked you up our babies would look white.
The last one (about babies) was actually after dating him for a few weeks, sitting in a nice restaurant. I nearly choked to death on my pasta. What the hell was he thinking? I didn’t stay to find out.
I’d heard that some white men think that black women are whores but I thought that just meant “easy”. I didn’t know that they assumed we were actually prostitutes. And that the “nice” looking ones are just expensive prostitutes. The first time I was propositioned I just stared like a deer in the headlights. I thought it was a bad joke, or something.
I once had a drunk guy in a bar stick ten dollars in my pants and ask me to dance for him. Umm… Sure, honey. Just let me find that pole I always carry with me…
I do have to say that the guy who slammed me against the wall was hyped up on something. Crystal, probably. That stuff makes people crazy. And horny. Baaaaaad combination.
Although I must admit I’ve had black men make some similarly – ahem – inappropriate comments, as well.
The most amazing thing is where some of these comments were made. Like in the hallway outside of a database management seminar or at the company Christmas party. Some men have no shame.