Here are the ten most gorgeous men in the world who are famous enough to have an article in the Wikipedia. See below for how the list was produced.
1. Oh Ji Ho (1976- ) is a South Korean actor. He made his name by starring in “Couple or Trouble” (2006) on Korean television.
2. Barack Obama (1961- ) is the current American president.
3. Johnny Depp (1963- ) is an American actor, best known for playing Jack Sparrow in the “Pirates of the Caribbean” films (2003- ).
4. Keanu Reeves (1964- ) is a Canadian actor. He starred in the “Speed” and “Matrix” films.
5. Will Demps (1979- ) is an American football player.
6. Idris Elba (1972- ) is a British actor. He was in “The Wire” on American television.
8. Paul Newman (1925-2008 ) was an American actor and is a Hollywood legend.
9. TJ Holmes (1977- ) is an American news presenter on CNN.
10. Boris Kodjoe (1973- ) is an Austrian-American actor. He was on the American television show “Soul Food”.
In time I will do a post on each one of these men. I already did one on Obama.
Honourable mentions: Michael Jackson (when he was black), Wentworth Miller, Morris Chestnut, Brad Pitt, Tupac Shakur, Hill Harper, Tyson Beckford, Shemar Moore, Russell Wong, Nigel Barker, Laz Alonso, Djimon Hounsou.
The top ten black men:
- Barack Obama
- Will Demps
- Idris Elba
- TJ Holmes
- Boris Kudjoe
- Michael Jackson
- Wentworth Miller
- Morris Chestnut
- Tupac Shakur
- Hill Harper
The following men did way better than expected (they did way better among voters than nominators):
- Oh Ji Ho
- Keanu Reeves
- Paul Newman
- James Franco
- Barack Obama
- Will Demps
These men did way worse than expected (they got way fewer votes than nominations and seconds):
- Blair Underwood
- George Clooney
- Derek Luke
- Mark Wahlberg
- Matthew McConaughey
Chingy and Omarion did not get a single vote even though they each got four nominations and seconds, beating out over 200 men to make it into the poll.
How I made the list: I hade three days of open nominations on my blog followed by four days of an online poll. Commenters were allowed any number of nominations and seconds, but voters could only vote for one man. There were 487 nominations and seconds for 253 different men. All those who were at least fourthed made it into the poll: 36 men. The poll got 264 votes.
Hardly a perfect process:
- Oh Ji Ho’s fans caught wind of this poll are started linking to it, driving him to first place.
- Because of the nature of this blog, the nominators mostly seemed to be black American women – not, admittedly, “the world”.
- Yet they did not seem to make up most of the voters. In fact, even apart from Mr Oh’s fans, this blog got ten times more hits from East Asia than it ordinarily gets.
In the end it produced a far, far better list than I could ever have done on my own or as a straight man. And better than People magazine or anyone from Hollywood could have done.
Thank you to everyone who took part (even if your favourite lost)!
- The data:
- The poll: Poll: The most gorgeous man in the world
- The nominations and seconds: Nominations: the ten most gorgeous men in the world
- The men:
- My own lists of beautiful women (done completely by myself, no poll, no nominations):