The Clinton-Trump Debate III (October 19th 2016) is the last debate between Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton before the election for US president on November 8th, three weeks away.
The big bombshell came when Trump was asked whether he would accept the outcome of the election if he lost. Trump:
“I’ll keep you in suspense. OK?”
Trump has been dogged by a sex scandal, but for the past few days he has been saying the election is rigged. He had no proof, but the press went nuts all the same. Subject changed!
At the debate Trump continued his Black outreach:
“Our policemen and women are disrespected. We need law and order, but we need justice, too. Our inner cities are a disaster. You get shot walking to the store. They have no education. They have no jobs.”
and his Latino outreach:
“And once the border is secured, at a later date, we’ll make a determination as to the rest. But we have some bad hombres here, and we’re going to get them out.”
and his outreach to women:
“Nobody has more respect for women than I do. Nobody.”
and later said of Hillary Clinton:
“Such a nasty woman.”
Trump continues to talk like a Putin puppet, especially when denying the truth of what Clinton said of the hacked emails coming from WikiLeaks:
“We have 17 intelligence agencies, civilian and military, who have all concluded that these espionage attacks, these cyberattacks, come from the highest levels of the Kremlin and they are designed to influence our election.”
Hillary Clinton’s weakest moment came when asked about pay for play, where she hooked up those who gave money to her favourite charity, the Clinton Foundation. She said it was all above board, but the question made her uncomfortable.
Fact check: Statements that PolitiFact rated as Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire:
- He said, well, if we have them [nuclear weapons], why don’t we use them
- There’s only one of us on this stage who’s actually shipped jobs to Mexico
- [under Clinton] we will have a Second Amendment which will be a very, very small replica of what it is right now.
- She wants to have open borders.
- ICE last week, endorsed me.
- The NAFTA deal signed by her husband is one of the worst deals ever made of any kind, signed by anybody.
- Wrong [disputing Clnton’s claim that he “went after a disabled reporter, mocked and mimicked him on national television.”]
- that this election is rigged … I say it’s rigged
- Wrong [disputing Clinrton’s claim that he was for the Iraq War]
- [Obamacare is] destroying our country. It’s destroying our businesses, our small business and our big businesses.
- when you ran the State Department, $6 billion was missing. How do you miss $6 billion? You ran the State Department, $6 billion was either stolen – they don’t know.
- [Clinton’s] plan is going to raise taxes and even double your rate.
- those stories [of women accusing Trump of forcing himself on them] have been largely debunked.
– Abagond, 2016.
Source: mainly PolitiFact.
- earlier debates
- Obama-Romney Debate III – the third debate four years ago
- 2016 election for US president
- Russian trolls
- Mock Spanish