The Clinton-Trump Debate II (October 9th 2016) took place just two days after:
- WikiLeaks made public parts of speeches Clinton gave in secret to Wall Street banks and others in 2013 and 2014.
- An Access Hollywood video from 2005 was made public in which Trump did not know he was being recorded. He is heard saying that when you are a star women let you “grab them by the pussy.”
In the debate Trump said he was sorry for his “locker room banter”, said Bill Clinton has done far worse and said ISIS was a bigger issue – even though sexual assault affects way more Americans.
When a Muslim woman asked him about Islamophobia, he said Islamopobhia was wrong and then started saying Islamophobic stuff!
When a Black man asked Trump a question, he started on his “Black outreach” talking points, full of stereotypes about Black people!
But the worst part came when Trump said he would throw Hillary Clinton in jail if he becomes president! Locking up political opponents is like what Russia does!
Fact check: Statements that PolitiFact rated as Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire:
By Clinton (still lying about her email scandal):
- I take classified materials very seriously and always have. When I was on the Senate Armed Services Committee, I was privy to a lot of classified material.
- ISIS happened a number of years ago in a vacuum that was left because of bad judgment. (False if he mean’s Clinton’s judgement.)
- Hillary Clinton attacked those same women [who accused her husband of sexual assault or harassment] and attacked them viciously.
- One of the women, who is a wonderful woman, at 12 years old, was raped at 12. [Clinton’s] client she represented got him off, and she’s seen laughing on two separate occasions, laughing at the girl who was raped.
- Well, you owe the president an apology, because as you know very well, your campaign, Sidney Blumenthal – he’s another real winner that you have – and he’s the one that got [Birtherism] started
- [Obamacare] gives the insurance companies essentially monopolies.
- She wants to go to a single-payer [universal health insurance] plan
- in San Bernardino, many people saw the bombs all over the apartment [before the terrorist attack]
- hundreds of thousands of people coming in from Syria when we know nothing about them.
- I was against – I was against the war in Iraq.
- our taxes are so high, just about the highest in the world.
- NAFTA, signed by her husband, is perhaps the greatest disaster trade deal in the history of the world.
- No, there wasn’t [a tweet about] check out a sex tape.
- She said who is going to answer the call at 3 o’clock in the morning? Guess what? She didn’t answer it, because when Ambassador Stevens [during the Benghazi attack] …
- the Second Amendment, which is totally under siege by people like Hillary Clinton.
I may have missed some, but way more were from Trump.
Fox News thought Trump won. They were all but doing high fives – in their Republican Bubble.
– Abagond, 2016.
- earlier debates
- 2016 election for US president
- Republican Bubble