The 11 Immutable Laws of the Game of Empires according to commenter Somali Prince (the bolding is mine):
- There will always be a dominant Empire.
- Civilians are not part of the Game. If their Empire wins, they may live a life of tranquility. If their Empire loses, they may face rape, slaughter and pillaging. As such, you must never blame a civilian for its Empire’s actions. They are but pawns.
- If an Empire’s civilians do not believe a war justified, the Empire will ‘find’ the necessary evidence to convince the civilians that it is.
- War is an Empire’s natural state. Peace can only be guaranteed within the confines of the Empire. If you do not wish to play the Game and do not wish to be a victim of the Empire’s machinations, migrate to the Empire’s interior – by any means necessary.
- Only soldiers (who signed up to fight) and politicians (who put their name forward to acquire a position of leadership) are players in the Game. If a civilian is obligated, by law, to fight and he does not wish to be a part of the Game, then he must migrate – by any means necessary.
- Accept the machinations of the Game. Empires will do what Empires do: Empire-building. Do not bemoan it. Bitterness is unbecoming. A victorious Empire dwells little on its past sins. A defeated Empire must also, therefore, dwell little on its past defeats.
- The Game of Empires is governed by the Theory of Chaos and Perpetual-F*ck-Ups. This ensures that an Empire’s dominance is always temporary. Humans make mistakes and have frailties. Accept your own weaknesses. Strong Empires become arrogant and pride always comes before the fall. This theory excludes the possibility of Conspiracy Theories, the Illuminati or a Zionist Agenda. No single group has the ability or the intelligence to effectively control all of the world’s events. F*ck-ups are perpetual.
- Racism belongs to inferior minds. Intelligence and ability are equally distributed amongst all groups. Racism equates to underestimating your enemy.
- Never underestimate your enemy. Always be respectful and courteous to your rival. Accept that you may one day be in his position and that he may one day be in yours. If your enemy is stronger, respect his strength and learn from him as much as you can. If you are to defeat him, you must learn the secrets of his ways.
- The Empire will one day be Black. Bide your time. Do not do anything rash. If you do not expect the Empire to be Black within your lifetime, then work on strengthening your community. Acquire capital and pass on knowledge to your children. Ensure that your children acquire the knowledge of the dominant Empire.
- All Empires commit atrocities. If you want the Empire to be Black, be very careful what you wish for. The conscience of the victim is always cleaner than that of the victor.
Blacks who talk of racism are “victim-blacks”. He, like Whites, is beyond good and evil: he is “super-black”.
Source: Game of Empires blog.
– Abagond, 2015.
- Broken Records
- related tropes:
- Sun Tzu
- Booker T Washington