Black pathologies are those things that hold Black Americans back, like crime, drugs, illegitimacy and dropping out of high school. These are things they are doing to themselves. Racism is dead. They need to stop whining about white people and face up to the problems in their own communities.
How to argue black pathologies:
- Make it about comparative rates. Because blacks are only 13% of the country, stuff like rape or illegitimacy will be largely white. So instead make it about the rate. It does not matter how bad the white rate is. All that matters is if the black rate is worse.
- Whites are normal. Whites do not have pathologies because their behaviour, no matter how extreme, always counts as “normal”. Whites commit genocide? Everyone does it. It is human nature. Blacks rob a 7-Eleven? Something is wrong with black people. They have criminal tendencies. The crime rate proves it!
- Make it a black thing. Put the word “black” in front of it: Black crime. Black illegitimacy. Black fatherlessness. Black gangs. Black high school drop-outs. See how that works? Do not talk about crime in general, just black crime. As if it is mainly a black thing. As if the black sort is somehow strangely different.
- Correlation is cause. If those born out of wedlock are more likely to wind up in prison, then make black illegitimacy the cause of crime. Even though it is hardly the main cause. Likewise, if those who are married are less likely to fall below the poverty line, then make “the breakdown of the black family” the cause of poverty, not the other way round. Be sure to make it about what black people do, nothing else. If someone makes it about what white people do, say that making general statements about whites is racist and anti-white.
- Internal v external causes. When coal mines shut down in West Virginia and crime and poverty among whites go through the roof, it is called “bad times”. When steel mills shut down in Chicago and crime and poverty among blacks go through the roof, it is called “a tangle of pathologies”. Know the difference! Whites can blame the economy, the government, social trends, food additives, Mexicans, Muslims, blacks and even reverse racism. Blacks are only allowed to blame themselves – otherwise it is called “whining” and “not taking responsibility”. Tell the author of this blog post that he is “letting blacks off the hook.”
- Statistics and charts – use them! They are so easy to twist! If others come up with counter statistics, twist them too! Or give a long, confusing explanation about why they are wrong.
- Studies. Find studies that support your point. There is bound to be one. A good study is hard to understand but has simple charts.
- Inconvenient truth. When black people say you are twisting numbers, that it is not like that and blah, blah, blah, just tell them that they do not want to face up to the hard truths.