Some White American commenters say that this blog is anti-white. They seem to think the purpose of this blog is to make white people feel bad or look bad.
They say stuff like:
- It is anti-American and anti-Western.
- It is like the Nazis or Stormfront (the Klan website) or RTLM (the Rwandan radio station that called Tutsis cockroaches and called for their genocide).
- It is part of the “race grievance industry”, keeping racism alive.
I would like to say: “Of course I am anti-white! There is plenty about whites to be anti about!”
But it is messier than that:
- I am not anti-white. I am anti-racist. I would like to think that there is a difference between the two, between the sin and the sinner, between being racist and being white. Whenever I say something bad about whites it almost always has to do with their racism. Calling out racism is not racist. Even when I mock them, I am mocking their racism, not their ethnicity:
- I do not make fun of how they talk or dress or look.
- I do not make fun of the food they eat or the names they give their children.
- I do not hold up their poorest and most criminal elements as “what white people are like”.
- I do not excuse violence against them saying that whites kill each other all the time.
- I do not say their women are objectively ugly.
- I do not make racist jokes about them.
- I do not call them racial slurs or compare them to animals.
- I do not call for their genocide or ethnic cleansing.
- My blog is not meant for white people. Therefore it is not meant to make them think or feel a certain way. I discovered early on that most white people are beyond my powers of persuasion. Whites are not racist because they lack facts or proper reasoning. It goes deeper than that. It is way more irrational than that. I cannot make most of them see the light because they do not want to see the light. But by not writing for them that means:
- Some whites read my blog through a heavy layer of white guilt or a Fragile White Ego and get upset. Like two-year-olds they make their feelings the Centre of the Universe. Like two-year-olds they cannot tell the difference between anger and hatred. “Mommy doesn’t hate you, sweetie. She just does not like the bad thing you did.”
- The R-word: I think the main thing that upsets them is how I think most whites are racist. At least 80% of White Americans are racist to some degree. Not so much the Jim Crow racism of open hatred or scientific racism but the colour-blind racism that assumes whites are better than blacks, that American society is more or less fair and therefore blacks must be screwed up. The very kind of racism, in fact, that sees blacks as “whining”.
- Is this blog racist?
- The race baiter argument
- calling out racism
- white people
- I do not write this blog for white people
- the eight stages of genocide