Here are the ten most beautiful Nigerian actresses that I know of.
As someone who lives in America who has not yet seen a Nollywood film, this is very much a work in progress! I am going by pictures and YouTube videos I have seen on the Internet.
1. Genevieve Nnaji (1979- ) – by far the best. I have read that she has bad skin and duck feet, but she is a beauty to me! Someone I might put in my top ten list of all black actresses. She is an Igbo from the Mbaise region in the south-east. In 2004 she was the face of Lux soap. More.
3. Dakore Egbuson (1978- ) – what eyes! She is an Ijaw from the Niger Delta. She lives with her mother in Lagos. Her father is in New York. She sees herself as the meeting between Africa and the West. She did not truly understand herself till the time she lived in London: “When you see yourself in a sea of white people, you become more aware of whom you are.” More.
4. Georgina Onuoha - not as well-known as some of the others on this list, but I like how she looks!
5. Kate Henshaw-Nuttall – she is married to a British man.
6. Bimbo Akintola – unlike most of these women, she is from the south-west. She is Yoruba.
7. Rita Dominic (1975- ) – like Genevieve Nnaji, she is from Imo state in the south-east. Known for her silky skin.
9. Oge Okoye – born in London, she comes from Anambra state in the south-east. She has wanted to be an actress since she was a child. Her parents are devout Anglicans.
10. Stephanie Okereke - she went to the University of Calabar in the south-east. She came in second in 2002 in the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria that crowns Miss Nigeria. “Emotional Crack” made her name and won her two awards.
Most of these women are in Lagos acting in television soaps and in dozens of straight-to-video films that are seen across English-speaking Africa.
Most are from the south-east. I am not sure why. Maybe south-eastern women supply most of Nollywood’s female acting talent – maybe because they speak better English or are considered to be more beautiful. Or maybe it is just me: the south-east is next to Cameroon where I think the women are more beautiful still.
Before I did this post the only women I knew of from Nigeria were Genevieve Nnaji and the supermodels Oluchi and Agbani.
Compared to Hollywood actresses or even Nigerian supermodels most of these women are thick, having a much fuller figure.