Here are the ten most beautiful black Brazilian women that I know of who are famous enough to have an article in the Wikipedia (in Portuguese). Brazil has more black women than any place in the world outside Africa, even more than America.
This is very much a work in progress: whenever I find out about one who is more beautiful than any of these I will add her and kick out number ten. And so on. I take age into account.
I count as black anyone whom Brazilians consider to be Afro-Brazilian.
2. Taís Araújo (1978- ) became the first black actress to appear as a main character in a telenovela on Brazilian television. She once played Elza Soares, one of Brazil’s best singers, and Xica da Silva, a slave who became the richest woman in Brazil. She is a presenter on the television show “Superbonita”, about how to be beautiful! More.
4. Ildi Silva (1982- ) is a television actress from Bahia. She was discovered on the streets of Salvador and became a model. She says that in Brazil she is seen as neither black nor white. According to the BBC she is one-fifth African by blood and one-tenth native Indian. Her green eyes are Dutch. More.
5. Rojane Fradique (1986- ) is a fashion model from Bahia in the north where most people are black. She is tall (1.82 metres), extremely thin but looks like a work of art. In 2003 she placed second in Brazil in the Elite Model Look contest and 15th worldwide. More.
6. Camila Pitanga (1977- ) is a Brazilian model and television actress from Rio. Best known in Brazil as Bebel on the telenovela “Paraíso Tropical”. Ildi Silva, listed above, plays a secretary on the same show.
8. Adriana Lessa (1971- ) is an actress and singer from Sao Paulo. She has appeared on Brazilian television throughout the 1990s and 2000s. She has a long nose and big, beautiful eyes – and a good website in English.
9. Valquíria Ribeiro (c. 1977- ) is a television actress. She is best known as the mother of the main character on the show “A Escrava Isaura”.
- The most beautiful Brazilian women – of any race
- The most beautiful white Brazilian women
- The women:
- Black women in North America who are part Brazilian:
- black Brazilian models
- The most beautiful black women – in the English-speaking world, at least.
- YouTube – you can see most of these women on YouTube where you will get a better idea of their beauty than you can from still images.
- Race in Brazil