The arguments that White American racists make often contradict each other or would not work the other way round. Just off the top of my head:
- Racism is dead – Racism is natural and common to all societies.
- I do not see colour – my best friend is black.
- Black History Month is racist – teaching white history the rest of the year is not.
- Whites owned slaves? They were not cruel and immoral, it was the times! – Whites freed slaves? See how kind-hearted and moral they are!
- White scientists measure bones for over a hundred years to try to prove that blacks are closer to apes – Whites have Neanderthal genes but blacks do not? Crickets.
- That Africans got their civilization from whites and use white inventions shows that whites have more intelligence – that whites got their civilization from Africa and used African inventions proves nothing.
- High average scores on IQ tests prove whites have more intelligence – whites should be judged as individuals, making general statements about them is racist.
- High rates of street crime prove that blacks have criminal tendencies – whites should be judged as individuals, making general statements about them is racist.
- Whites commit most of the crime – blacks are the ones who bring crime into white communities.
- We know blacks are naturally violent because of street crimes – multiple continental genocides prove nothing about the violent nature of whites. That would be racist!
- Whites have a rational fear of blacks because of their high murder rate – whites murder whites at a rate six times higher than blacks yet are feared way less.
- Saying bad things about whites shows that you hate them, that you just want to make them look bad – saying bad things about blacks is merely stating the truth, something that the people on this blog need to wake up to.
- High rates of out-of-wedlock birth among blacks prove they suffer from social pathologies – High rates of out-of-wedlock birth among whites prove nothing, even when they pass the levels seen as pathological among blacks.
- Whites got to where they are through hard work – that blacks were slaves for hundreds of years magically does not affect where they are.
- Pointing out racism is playing the race card – pointing out reverse racism is righteous indignation.
- White American IQ tests written in English prove that Africans have low intelligence – Tanzanian IQ tests written in Swahili would prove nothing about the intelligence of White Americans.
- Disrespecting someone because of their race is racist – calling blacks the n-word should be allowed.
- I got beat up by blacks at high school – police brutality against blacks is no big deal.
- People should not be judged by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character – police profiling is not racist.
- I’m not racist but ….
The fallacy behind most of these is that whites can be judged in a different way than blacks – yet the people who make these sort of arguments do not think they are being racist.