In America black women married to white men account for 29% of all black-and-white marriages. Among married black women, one in 35 has a white husband. But among married white men less than 1 in 400 has a black wife. They are four times more likely to marry an Asian woman even though there are fewer of them.
Some things that work against white boy meeting black girl in America:
- The ugly past – of white men raping black women in slave days does not help.
- Separation of the races – which in schooling and housing is still strong despite the reforms of the 1950s and 1960s and the rise of the black middle-class.
- Racialized beauty – mainstream American ideas of female beauty are white.
- Stereotypes - white men tend to think of black women as being hard to get along with (the Sapphire stereotype) and not being much interested in white men. Black women tend to see white men as racist and therefore hard to trust.
- Strange courting practices – most white men who have no trouble asking out black women seem to only want sex, while those who are serious tend to wait for black women to make the first move!
- Racist dating behaviour – white men who, for example:
- see black women as black first, women second;
- see them as looser than white women;
- think they will sleep with them for money;
- are so blind to their racism they say racist stuff;
- think black women want to be “saved” by a white man, any white man.
According to dating studies, black women prefer black men way more than white men, but despite that they are still more interested in white men than white men are interested in them. And white men’s lack of interest has been shown to go beyond “preferences” and ideas of beauty.
I have argued elsewhere on this blog that the root cause of that lack of serious interest is the One Drop Rule: white men do not want black sons and daughters.
Given all this, it comes as no surprise that the white men who are seriously interested in black women, serious enough to marry them, tend to be those with independent minds who do not care what others think of them. So they tend to have no style, no game, they have geeky interests (computers, Star Trek) and work in fields where they do not depend on people liking them – like engineering, auto mechanics or accounting as opposed to sales, law or management.
Since they are not concerned what others think, they will date women of any race. You often see them with Asian women but they will date black women too. They are more interested in a woman’s intelligence and personality, someone they can talk to for hours, than in a particular look. So they do not just go for light-skinned women with long, straight hair like you might expect.
- Why so few white men marry black women, part I, II, III
- Why some black women prefer not to date some white men
- The sort of white men who like black women and the sort of black women they seem to prefer
- white father, black mother
- race and dating studies
- films and books: